- Outline the legal requirements whereby an employer must prepare a written health and safety policy.
- Identify the three main sections of a health and safety policy document and explain the purpose and general content of each section.
An employer must prepare a written health and safety policy when he employs five or more persons.
- Statement of Intent – which demonstrates management’s commitment to health and safety and sets goals and objectives for the organisation),
- Organisation – the purpose of which is to allocate health and safety responsibilities within the company
- Arrangements – which sets out in detail the systems and procedures to show how the policy is to be implemented