Types Of Injury:
The injury that could be caused by the incorrect manual handling of loads including:
- Spinal disc compression or prolapsed disc,
- Strains to tendons or muscles,
- A hernia, dislocation or fracture of bones,
- Cuts and abrasions and crushing or impact injuries.
Factors to Consider:
Factors in relation to the load that will affect the risk of injury, Such as:
- The size, weight, and shape of the load,
- The possibility that the contents might move or the load become unbalanced,
- The position of the center of Gravity,
- Difficulty in securing a firm grasp of the load,
- The presence of sharp edges and
- The possibility that the contents of the load might be hazardous.