Health and Safety Responsibilities Of Workers and Employers
- Part (a) – Outline the Health and Safety Responsibilities Of Employers
- Part (b) – Outline the Health and Safety Responsibilities Of Workers
Now Let’s Discuss the Part (a) First,
The Main Health And Safety Responsibilities Of Employers
The main health and safety responsibilities of an employer are:
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment, to carry out risk assessments and to introduce safe systems of work;
- To ensure the safe use, storage, handling and transport of articles and substances;
- To provide and maintain a safe workplace, including access and egress;
- To provide a safe working environment with adequate welfare facilities including first aid,
- To provide information, instruction, training, and supervision for workers.
- To cooperate with and consult with workers;
- To secure competent health and safety advice and to cooperate with others employers at the workplace
Now Let’s Discuss the Part (b)
The Main Health And Safety Responsibilities Of Workers
The main health and safety responsibilities of workers are:
- Roles and responsibilities of workers including taking reasonable care of themselves and their fellow workers, refraining from misusing equipment provided for their health and safety,
- Cooperating with their employer by following safe systems of work;
- Reporting accidents and unsafe situations to their supervisor or another nominated member of management.
- They also have an important role to play in taking an active part in any consultation exercise set up by the employer.